By Noeline Levinson
This is one of those topics that nobody wants to think or talk about, yet we all harbour various types of fungi, bacteria, viruses and yes, parasites! We actually can’t exist without organisms such as bacteria, as they are vital to our digestive processes and assimilation of nutrients. A problem occurs when our wonderful immune system starts to struggle to hold everything in balance and is unable to control the pesky troublemakers like parasites and fungi to prevent domination. The key to a balanced co-habitation of species has to do with acid-alkaline balance.
What is Acid-Alkaline Balance?
The pH balance in the body is also referred to as the acid-alkaline balance. The pH scale ranges from 0-14, with 7 being neutral. The lower the number, the more acidic and vice versa. There are two areas of pH, one being the blood pH (healthy range 7.34-7.45), and the other one the stomach pH (healthy range 1.5-3.5). The blood pH has a narrow range, which is important to maintain. If this gets out of balance, medical emergencies can develop, such as asthma, diabetes, heart/lung disease, gout, infection, shock, bleeding, poisoning. The two main organs that regulate blood pH are the lungs and the kidneys. We can control the balance of pH with foods that are more alkaline than acid.
When the body is in an acid state, the immune system is challenged and disease can develop. Fungi and Parasites thrive in an acid environment, and so does cancer. Sugar in a refined form such as white sugar or HFCS (high fructose corn syrup) is like a black hole – it has NO nutritional value and therefore attracts nutrients from the blood stream to itself, robbing the body of energy sources. To maintain a healthy blood pH, a guideline of 80/20 is recommended. On a nutritional scale, this means a diet of 80% alkaline foods (mainly green leafy vegetables and fruits) and 20% acid forming foods (meat, grain, processed foods). A comprehensive table shows which foods are falling into which category and is available online. However, if someone is already in a state of illness, a stricter diet is recommended.
Parasites can settle in the gut, the liver, the lungs, and the brain. It should be noted that parasites are never the only cause of ill health but are one factor amongst many that lead to imbalance. Chronic fatigue, brain fog, lack of concentration, headaches, hayfever, gut dysbiosis are but a few symptoms that can result from parasitic infestation, but it is important to note here that other issues can lead to those symptoms. It is always helpful to investigate the original cause of the current state of health to successfully resolve any health imbalances and reinstate wellbeing.
What can we do about it?
- Aluminium free baking soda. Half a tsp in warm water, morning and night for two weeks, to start with. This will help to start the process of killing off parasites. They don’t like a more alkaline environment.
- Alkala powder and Sanuvis. These come from a company called Sanum. This can only be purchased from a Sanum registered practitioner. I can help you to find your nearest person for this.
The powder acts much like the bicarb to alkalise the body and the Sanuvis is excellent at mopping up the excess acid. Sometimes caused by the die off of parasites.
- Basica powder, yet another great alkalising powder. This also a practitioner only range.
- MMS – brilliant for the treatment of parasites, and much more. The protocol is a bit more challenging but the results are excellent.
- Diatemaceous earth – inexpensive, also a powder, can be put into your morning smoothing to drink. Excellent for parasites. In fact there is a mix you can purchase that is a combination of diatemacous earth, zeolite, activated charcoal and bentonite clay. This can also do the trick.
- Thieves Oil – another very good anti parasitic
Look for the anti parasitics you have available in your country. I suggest that one can safely start with the bicarb, aluminium free, and that will buy you enough time to start the alkalising process, while you get some of the other products listed above to really get the process underway.
There are a number of different options to choose from and of course Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine fit in here too.